Saturday, December 5, 2009

Shit, you're kinda cool.

Its 3:57am and I'd be lying if I said that I was sober, well rested and that this entry was about motorcycles. I'm not and it ain't. Its about people.

How come when you are leaving a town, and the life you've built there, physical walls crumble and emotional boundaries dissolve? No consequences I suppose. Within the last 3 weeks Ive felt a sort of liberation that I should have felt the whole time. I say what I want, and do the same. It's as though we hold back so much in order to preserve a version of ourselves that we want to ideally portray, when we should be interacting without fear of judgement or consequence. And maybe some of you always do. Ive connected with people that I haven't seen in a year, I realized that I never gave certain people a chance and seem to be making "last minute friends". Either way I like it, and I'm thankful for every positive interaction.

1 comment:

  1. I remember when you were going through this phase. Hey man I just stopped in to check out the progress. I will check in and email you before I set off to Vipassana. As you know I will be out of contact with the vow of silence for like 12 days. I like the pics here. I will log onto your picassa page. chat soon.

    ReplyDelete