Friday, December 25, 2009

Cross Your Fingers!


I woke yesterday to some bad news. The owner/rider of the 2008 Suzuki DR650 that I am to pick up in Buenos Aires next month went down. She has no idea what happened or if the bike is ridable. She says she just woke up in the hospital 200km from her destination in Rio Grande, Argentina. So damn close. Please check out her blog/website as her ride has been nothing short of impressive!


She broke two ribs and her collar bone and is in a bit of pain on this Christmas morning. In and out of intensive care, she wont be able to fly for 30 days. I am really bummed for her but wish her the best!
I anxiously await details as to whether I still have a bike to ride. If the bike is in repairable condition it STILL needs to get from Rio Grande to Buenos Aires, about 2000 miles north. And I need to determine whether or not to lug the box of parts with me down there (sprockets, chain, tubes, spark plugs, filters, new springs for front and rear suspension etc.). Time will tell.

But, ladies and gentlemen, this is how these things go. There is always a Plan B.

No comments:

Post a Comment